Friday, December 28, 2012

The Dragon Dimension



TITLE:  The Dragon Dimension (Caught in the Dragon Cove)
AUTHOR: Ressa Empbra
PUBLISHED:  September 19, 2012
LENGTH: 442 Pages
LANGUAGE: English
RATING:  Adult
GENRE:  Drama
PURCHASE LINKS: Amazon
My Rating:[[[



SUMMARY:

Working for a covert government agency, Iax travels the world—andbeyond. She also journeys out of this world to other Realms in variousDimensions, of which only a privileged few have knowledge. Her job:Putting a halt to imminent battles and wars before it’s too late.


Finding herself dropped into a heated battle in the Dragon Cove Realmof the Dragon Dimension, Iax assumes the usual; get in, get the jobdone, get out. Easy-peasy. This mission is like no other, however, asit will change her life in ways she never could have imagined.


Get Caught in the Dragon Cove, where secrets and tempting passionslurking just out of sight, are all revealed…


Please be advised: This novel contains some profanity, and mild sexualcontent. It is deemed inappropriate for anyone under the age of 18years old.


REVIEW:


Okay so first off, my very first thought regarding this book was nearon panic. The very first thing that happens is on December 25th, thecouple have just suffered a still birth of their baby girl. Now whatmakes this so painful is that just a year ago on that very day I losttwin boys. I panicked contacted Bex from Bex n’ Books and she said ifI don’t want to continue on then to stop there. But I decided tocontinue on. I have very mixed feelings about this book. The storydoesn't stay with that couple, but instead jumps years ahead to wherethey have a baby girl basically delivered to them. And THAT is who theentire story is about. I think the author could have just skipped overthe entire beginning since it really had no bearing on the laterstory.


That being said, if you want a book with a real main character, wellhere it is, Iax (eye axe) is a down to earth woman, modern, curseslike a sailor * I can so relate*, and can stand on her own two feet.Then we have the men and need I say more a man who is a Dragon. *startdrooling now ladies* this isn't my first experience with shapeshifting into a dragon however dragons always peek my interest. I haveto say I loved how the main character was so down to earth and sonormal in such an abnormal way. I didn't like how she was often in herown head. It also had a bit of repetitiveness in the “Iax don’t do”.But I could deal with that.


Quite a bit of the book was an information dump. I say this because weare “told” about the main character’s intelligence, problem solvingabilities, fighting style and how she wishes her scars still showedwhen she was back on earth, her abilities to speak just about anylanguage and basically her total impressiveness, however I can say Inever really saw that side of her. I can also say that I expected morefrom the character due to the endless possibilities. However to me shespent an awful amount of time sleeping. Where was this fabulousfighter? Where was this intelligent woman? I mean seriously she fallsoff a cliff and passes out, really, you didn't see a cliff?


I did enjoy Gemma, I had to laugh at her so many times with herinability to remember such simple things as Pity-Party which she saidPotty-Party and many other little things like that. I also enjoyed thedragons. Hot dragons shifter, yeah I can go for that. It actuallysaved the story for me.


World creation was excellent. The author took quite a bit of time oncreating her world. And the possibilities for this world are trulyendless. I believe she can do quite a bit of work with the world shehas created.


I do feel I should warn the reader, there is quite a bit of profanity.All in all I can only give this book a 3 star rating. I seriously wishI could give it more because as I said the possibilities were endless,but it just didn't live up to the summary for me.


Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me from Bex N' Booksin exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held nodetermination on my personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment