Monday, November 5, 2012

Beautiful Book!!!







TITLE:  Betwixt
AUTHOR: Melissa Pearl
PUBLISHED:  November 3, 2012
LANGUAGE: English
RATING:  Young Adult
GENRE:  Paranormal
PURCHASE LINKS: Amazon 







SUMMARY:
Beautiful, wild-chid Nicole Tepper is hit by a car and left for dead. But when she wakes the next morning, Nicole finds herself in bed without a scratch. Perhaps she was more intoxicated than usual, as her mother is giving her the silent treatment and her friends are ignoring her as well. 

Things take a turn for the weird when Nicole soon discovers she is actually hovering between life and death. Her body is lying in the forest while her spirit is searching for anyone who can hear her. Unfortunately the only person who can is Dale Finnigan, the guy she publicly humiliated with a sharp-tongued insult that has left him branded.

Desperate, Nicole has no choice but to haunt Dale and convince the freaked-out senior to help her. Will he find her body before it's too late? Or will the guy who tried to kill her with his car, beat him there and finish her off before anyone finds out?
REVIEW:
This book begins with a very interesting start, a young girl walking alone down the road because her boyfriend left her there, she is struck by a car swerving down the road and you aren't sure if it was an accident or if it was a murder attempt. From that very simple beginning things go all crazy!

Nicole is a VERY self-centered and rebellious young lady. She has these "friends" as she considers them, while I considered them absolute trash. But it was clear to me from the beginning that they are a bunch of backstabbing gossip mongers. The further I went into the story the clearer it became that they weren't her friends at all. They didn't even care that she went missing. Although to be fair she did have a tendency to run off to go shopping when things went bad for her so she did have a history of disappearing.

Next we have Dale. Dale is a sweet boy who was badly injured and has a scar on his face. Nicole was outright mean to him by calling him names and he actually liked her. Dale is a very intelligent and seems to be a very like-able boy. He seems relatively honest and his family seems to tell each other the truth about everything including feelings, which is such a very good thing for families to do. The "IN' crowd which Nicole was a part of, do nothing but harass and bully Dale because he is different.

I will tell you this much, not only do we learn a lot about Nicole but also Dale. I enjoyed learning what made these two teens act the way they do. I think that Melissa Pearl did a wonderful job on Character Creation and we truly gain an attachment for the characters.  I also think she did a wonderful job with plot and storyline creation and it kept you turning page after page to find out what happens next.

I can tell you right now this book takes some interesting twists and turns. And I for one could not stop reading it until I reached the end. With all the yelling and crying and carrying on I did while reading it I can also say it pulls emotions from your very core. I can't tell you how many times my husband told me to shut up. But all's well that ends well since once I finished the book and was crying because of everything that had happened he told me not to worry I get to write a review now. So that made me hush and get to work writing this, but then I had to wait until November to post it. *sighs*

So all in all do I recommend this book? YES I DO!!!! It is an excellent story for anyone ages 9 and up I'd say since there doesn't seem to be any real violence and the lesson in it is a wonderful one.  And for us adults we get to relive the trials and tribulation of being a teen and having to deal with all the different peer groups from the geeks to the popular kids.
Melissa Pearl I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me the privilege of getting a pre-release copy and also for the opportunity to review your wonderful story.
Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

DRAGON LOVE!!!!!!!    FIVE STARS!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment