Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Isolation: Built on Fear 2... Wow it sucked me in!




TITLE:  Isolation: Built on Fear 2
AUTHOR: Shandy L. Kurth
MY RATING: 
aaaaa
PUBLISHED:  October 19, 2012
LANGUAGE: English
RATING:  Young Adult
GENRE:  Dystopian
REVIEW:
This book begins where we left off in Shandy’s first book Devastation. And begins with Desiree meeting up with Fallon for the first time since they were taken into the “safe zone” by the American’s and treated as prisoners in their own country.  The flow of the book and change of characters view point is done in much the same manner as in Devastation so it is very easy to follow along with whose point of view you’re in.
This book near on broke my heart. The things these teenagers must deal with due to the adult’s failings and stupid war mongering just makes me sick. Then add in the fact of families split apart and not knowing where your loved ones are is just wrong.
There are two little love interests in this book which made me smile. Even through adversity love can shine through the darkest hours. And I loved that. Even though things aren’t easy for our two couples it makes you think things may get better. And no I’m not telling if they do get better in this book, you’ll just have to get off your behind and read it.
Character creation is still a very strong point in this book and the characters evolve as you read the story. I love how they change just slightly but always keep that caring aspect of their personalities. I applaud Kurth for creating characters that are lovable in a totally unlovable atmosphere. Again in this book it is very easy to follow which characters mind we are in and this makes the number of characters seem as if we are only reading one view point.
This story is not by any means finished in this book and I’ll have to wait patiently for the next book to come out. And as I said before I am not a big fan of dystopian books yet this series has caught me and it just won’t let me go. Kudos to Shandy L. Kurth for creating the first dystopian series that truly sucked me in.
Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment