Monday, June 10, 2013

Bound Tour and Review

Title: Bound
Author: Jessica Chase
Genre: Erotic
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours








ATHENA MONROE is a struggling author who has just come out of a relationship. 


RYDER PIERCE is a billionaire who is used to getting what he wants. 

But when Athena comes into his life, everything changes. Soon, the troubled Athena realizes that Ryder will stop at nothing to get her.





Purchase LinkAmazon




Links:

Review:
This book begins with one seriously messed up and insecure woman by the name of Athena.  Athena found her fiance in bed yet again with another woman.  So she walks out!  GOOD FOR HER!  Once she is out, she has no clue what to do or where to go, so standing on the street she winds up meeting Ryder.  Gorgeous Blue Eyes and he seems interested in her.  Why I have NO CLUE!  I personally found Athena to be just so lame for the first few chapters, so full of self-doubt, angry and basically totally lost. 

BUT she does get better, and for a short book shows some nice growth.  She does pull her act together, and I won't say what happens with Ryder or with that fiance.  I will say that the relationship is relatively intense.  Ryder has issues all of his own that he needs to overcome.  And Athena really is pretty insecure and messed up emotionally and mentally when this book begins so there has to be real growth for her.

For a first time Author, I have to say she did a wonderful job.  I will say that while I liked this book, I didn't fall in love with it.  Personally I didn't fall in love with Ryder or for that matter Athena.  There also wasn't much in the way of secondary character interactions.  And considering this is a romance novel the sex scenes seemed very short and I wish they were a bit more detailed. This being said the story itself kept my attention and kept me flipping pages to see what happens with Athena.  All in all, this book is a good read.  I give it 3.5 stars, and I am wondering where the Author is going to go next with this series.  So I will be reading the next book in this series.  

I do have one recommendation for the Author, and it is the most basic of all writing skills to develop.  SHOW don't TELL!  Show me that the character is angry or sad, don't tell me she is.  

If you liked 50 Shades you will probably like this book more than I did.  If you didn't then you will probably like it about as much as I did.  So you be the judge.  Grab yourself a copy and make sure to let me know what you thought!

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided for me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment