Friday, June 7, 2013

Jaded and Faded Tour and Review

Today I have not one but two absolutely AMAZING books to tell you about.  Jaded and Faded are the first two books in the Rock Star Trilogy.  And they are FABULOUS!  You will find yourself laughing and screaming and rocking out along with Scarlett.  And when you finish book 1 you will immediately grab up book 2 and absorb that, all the while saying to yourself oh my god I have to wait until September for book 3.  If you want to find out more about these fabulous books and find out what I felt about each one keep reading!




I'm Scarlett Ryan.


Yes, THAT Scarlett Ryan.

I live an extraordinary life: millionaire rock star, owner of exotic cars, pictures of me in every magazine, millions of fans, and a name that is recognized world wide. It's supposed to be my dream come true. But, my life IS a fantasy, and I want real. I want exciting. I want... NORMAL. So, I moved from California to Florida, hoping to obtain some normalcy. Instead I find...

Stephan Montgomery.

He's an arrogant jerk. Seriously, I hate him. I swear if he tells me one more blonde joke, I will punch him... again... Unfortunately I can't stop thinking about him, or his gorgeous green eyes. Trust me, I know that he's bad for me. If only my heart would listen.

I also find out that my parents have kept a LIFE CHANGING secret from me. I need to know the truth.

The harder I strive for normal, the stranger things seem to get.


Jaded is book 1 of the Rock Star trilogy


Review
Now I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  This was the first book by Mercy Amare that I have ever read and this book has made me a fan of her writing.  Jaded is a story about Scarlett, a rock star who appears to have it all yet is sadly lacking in so many ways.  Scarlett knows that she is lacking and is searching for a life.  This book will suck you in!  You will scream with frustration at the life Scarlett has lived.  You will ache for a young girl who has missed out on so many "normal" things.  And you will laugh and smile as she shows her true self.

This book is a book about growth.  And boy does Scarlett grow during this book.  The ending, is... well I won't go into any details but needless to say if book 2 wasn't readily available to me I would have screamed in frustration and probably contacted the Author to harass her into getting book 2 into my hands as soon as possible.  As you know I am NOT known for my patience when it comes to series's. 

That all being said, Character Creation is tremendous and the characters are not only strongly written but endearing.  You will find yourself attached to Scarlett and to "Thor" *evil grin* you will have to read the book to find out about him.  And we must not forget the love interest Stephan.  The wit and sarcasm in this book will keep you laughing out loud.  

WARNING: DO NOT READ AT NIGHT IN BED NEXT TO YOUR HUSBAND! YOU WILL GET YELLED AT!

Yeah I found out the hard way, after waking him up laughing at some of the things that Stephan or Scarlett say or do.  And needless to say the ending of this book had me yelling which of course woke up the bear and well it wasn't a pretty sight, but it was well worth it!

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided for me in exchange for a fair and honest review.  The free book held no determination on my personal review.

I left Hope – the only place I’ve ever felt at home. So now what? Where do I go from here?

When I left, I didn’t just leave my home. I left my friends, my sisters, and Stephan… I just found them. I can’t lose them now.

I know that I want to do MY music. I need to remember WHY I wanted to play music in the first place. And the only way to get that is by firing my dad, but that may be harder than I thought. 

On top of everything, I now have cameras following me around everywhere. Even my own home isn’t safe anymore. 

I’ve come to realize that normal will never be an option for me.

Buy Links


Review
Faded is book 2 in the Rock Star Trilogy.  And Mercy Amare does it again!  This book begins literally where we left off in Book 1.  I won't say with what since I don't want to spoil the end of book 1.  But Scarlett and Stephan have their fair share of trouble as a beginning romance.

I loved this book.  I loved how Scarlett continues to grow.  I love how the relationship between Stephan and her grows.  And most of all I love how this book ends.

Once again you will laugh and scream in frustration.  I loved how the little secrets everyone had started coming out in book 1 and in book 2 they continue to spill forth.  I have to say the life of a Rock Star sure doesn't seem like any fun to me. 

Character Creation is still a strong suit.  All the main characters are vibrant and lifelike and the secondary characters are also equally well written.  To the point that they can actually be main characters.  And in some ways they are, I can't say why I say that without spilling some spoilers so just trust me when I say that there are so many stories in the one story that it will keep you flipping those pages.

Mercy Amare once again ends this book with one heck of a doozy.  And I for one immediately sent her a message to find out when book 3 would be released.  Yeah I know, but I am NOT known for my patience.  Luckily it will be out in September, and maybe with a bit more luck on my side she will let me have the pleasure of reading the ARC when it is available. *fingers crossed*

All in all, this is a definite 5 star series, and I must insist that you go grab yourselves copies of these fabulously rocking books!  Oh and once again I must say DO NOT READ THIS AT NIGHT WHILE LAYING IN BED NEXT TO A SLEEPING BEAR OF A HUSBAND! If he is anything like mine he will not appreciate being woken up two nights in a row to his wife yelling at the end of a book.

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided for me in exchange for a fair and honest review.  The free book held no determination on my personal review.
AUTHOR BIO
I am a YA/ NA author of the books: Don’t Tell, You Got Me, and the Rock Star Trilogy: JadedFaded, and Hated. I have a slight addiction to the TV series Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries. I'm 23 years old, and I currently live in St Louis, with my husband of 2 years.

AUTHOR LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment