Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Midsummer Night's Demon Review




Daelyn Torres is determined to break free from her over-protective brother. Born a demon, she knows little of the world outside her home and work. A chance blind date promises adventure and perhaps a walk on the wild side. But her night on the town takes a deadly turn when she is gravely injured and left to die. A handsome, mysterious stranger comes to her rescue and brings with him a passion she has never experienced. A dark guardian sent to investigate a series of missing person cases, vampire Ky Robinson is ready for anything, except the insatiable desire that engulfs him when he meets Daelyn. He senses their destiny is intertwined and vows to do everything in his power to keep her safe. The only problem: demons and vampires go together like fire and ice. Daelyn never believed in things that went bump in the night but is more than willing to be seduced by the sexy vampire who marks both her body and soul. Will Ky be able to keep them both alive long enough to prove that vampires and demons can be so much more than friends?

This was an entertaining story. However A Midsummer's Night Demon confused me a little. I understood about the Vampire. Ky was a vampire, who is basically a bounty hunter for Vampires. He chases down the Vampires who don't want to live with humans and still hunt and kill for food or pleasure. The book begins with Ky chasing down one of these vampires who just happens to be in the process of attacking Daelyn (Lyn). Now Daelyn is supposed to be a demon. But I was a little bit confused on her being a demon. Not once did I see her have any special powers. I kept waiting on her showing her "demon" abilities that it became a joke. Then there is the over-protective brother who doesn't even make an appearance until the very end of the book. And Ky's partner on the force who makes a quick appearance and you never hear about her again.

I enjoyed reading the book. It was a good light read. I can say I just wish that the Author had made Daelyn a Pagan human. Because that at least would have made a little bit of sense. The whole demon aspect really did distract me so because of this I can only give this book 3.75 stars. I think its a good short read. I just wish it had more about the Demon side of things...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and share my story on your blog! . :)

    ReplyDelete