Monday, April 22, 2013

Flash Tour and Review


Title: Flash
Author: Barbara Morgenroth
Genre: Young Adult










She’s been pretending to be 18 for so long, it feels like the truth.
When the only way for 15 year old photographer, Kip Chanin, to earn a living is as paparazzi, she can’t say no. Kip’s first photo is of Alex Milne, the handsome and volatile young actor. That one photo changes both their lives. Kip finds herself challenged to be a better photographer, a better daughter and to be a better friend. For someone used to getting by on her own, this could be Kip’s biggest lesson. The second biggest--You do what you have to in Hollywood to survive.





What an original story! Barbara Morgenroth has created a great story which still after completing it plays on my mind.

I loved Kip, I thought she was such a character. Artistic, and talented in the field of photography. I liked how she was such a strong and independent woman. I did feel that she may have been just a tad too strong for someone her age, but circumstances being what they are, its possible that a young lady would mature faster due to having the type of mother she has.

I enjoyed Alex and through most of the book I was like okay are they going to get together or not? And the way Morgenroth wrote kept me turning pages to find out what would happen next.

I stayed up late into the night because I just couldn't stand to not finish it in one sitting.

I must say I am NOT a fan of cliffhangers! And this one ends with a doozy of one. Sadly I have to wait until my ban of buying books is lifted to purchase the next book in the series. But I will be grabbing it up to find out what happens next!

I highly recommend this book to any and all! 4.5 stars in my book!

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.








Barbara was born in New York City and but now lives somewhere else.  Starting her career by writing tweens and YA books, she wound up in television writing soap operas for some years.  Barbara then wrote a couple cookbooks and a nonfiction book on knitting.  She returned to fiction and wrote romantic comedies.
When digital publishing became a possibility, Barbara leaped at the opportunity and has never looked back.  In addition to the 15 traditionally published books she wrote, in digital format Barbara has something to appeal to almost every reader from Mature YAs like the Bad Apple series and the Flash series, to contemporary romances like Love in the Air published by Amazon/Montlake, and Unspeakably Desirable, Nothing Serious and Almost Breathing.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Chris, for your very kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed Kip and Alex and hope Kip has inspired you to get out there with your camera.

    Barb Morgenroth

    ReplyDelete