Thursday, April 4, 2013

Groomed for Murder Review and Author Interview!

 Can a dog have a bad hair day?

Brooke Palmer owns Pawlish, an exclusive doggie spa and grooming business in upper Manhattan, but when a client’s champion poodle gets a bad poodle cut and has to undergo therapy to recover, the client sues. The lawyer they send is drop dead gorgeous, but Brooke won't be wooed by a corporate shark in a sharp suit.

Corporate lawyer Drew Hudson has better things to do then take on this ridiculous lawsuit, but since he works for the client’s husband, he has no choice. After meeting the beautiful, sweet-tempered owner, he can’t keep his mind on the silly case. But when the client turns up dog gone dead, Brooke may be a conflict of interest when she’s charged with the murder. All Drew wants to do is prove that this sexy entrepreneur is not dangerous, except to his heart.


Can she take a chance on him?





Zoe Dawson does it again! I give this book 5 Big 'ole Paw Prints! She has created a series that is a true winner. A completely unique storyline and the characters are truly enjoyable.

In this book we get Brooke's story. We first met her in book 1 while Callie and the 3 other girls all meet at the doggie park. And this story picks up with Brooke preparing for a wedding, sorry guys can't say whose because it would be a spoiler. This book is a murder mystery. The mayhem and plot twists will definitely make your head spin. Add in a hunky lawyer and you have the beginnings of a fabulous love story. My only complaint... nope can't tell you because its not really a complaint so much as Zoe Dawson made me cry.  No I won't spill the beans on why. But suffice it to say you will cry for a couple seconds as well. But in the end everything works out as it is meant to with you the reader laughing again.

I applaud the author on this series and I can't wait to see more from her Going to the Dogs series in the near future.

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

Now that you've read my opinion of not only book one, but also book two, now its time to meet the Author.  Zoe, welcome to my blog, and I'm so happy to meet you. I must say that I truly enjoyed your series, and I am very excited to have you here today.


So, Zoe can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’ve been writing for Harlequin Books since 1996 under the pen name Karen Anders. I decided to self-publish mostly because I can write more material than I can sell.

What do you do when you're not writing?
I have a full-time job as an administrative assistant for an assistant dean at a university.

How did you decide on the genre you write in?
When I was sixteen, my grandmother gave me a romance and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Do you work with an outline or just write freely?
I work with an outline. I like to know where my story is going.

Is anything in your book based on a life experience?
No. I make up all the stuff I write about.

What made you name your series "Going to the Dogs"?
Since each heroine has a dog-centric story and each book has a bit of mayhem in them, I thought the title fit.

What was your favorite part to write and why?
For Leashed, the part where Owen tells Callie that Jack has gotten his dog pregnant was very fun. For Groomed for Murder, I really enjoyed writing about Brooke. She’s a caring, complicated character.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
Toughest criticism is that someone didn’t enjoy my book. I know that not everyone will, but it’s hard to hear because as a writer I write so people will enjoy my work. The best compliment is when a reader tells me they couldn’t putthe book down. I consider that mission accomplished.

Do you have any advice to give aspiring writers?
Write as much as possible. Try not to let the doubts stop you from creating. And never, ever give up.

Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
Thank you for reading my books. What I do is all for you!

Just for Fun Questions!
Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards or your slippers on, and when realizing it just said oh screw it?
I have actually worn the wrong color shoes to work. I didn’t notice when I put them on, but since I was at work I couldn’t do anything about it, so I laughed it off.

Do you prefer Fuzzy or Tube socks?
Fuzzy. They are so comfortable!

Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning or do you not see much point?
I don’t see the point. You’re just going to mess it up again.

Be honest... How often do you wash your hair?
Every other day.

Do you get road rage? What makes you the most mad about other drivers?
A little bit. I commute every day and the traffic is always congested. What makes me most mad is inattention and rudeness.

Do you go out of your way to kill bugs? Are there any that make you screech and hide?
My daughter kills all my bugs. I scream and run and hide.

Thank you so much Zoe for taking the time out of your hectic schedule to spend a little time with us. Now I hate to crack the whip or anything but get back to your desk and get to writing the next book in this fabulous series! I'll be waiting patiently, okay who am I kidding, those of you who know me know I am about as patient as a steam train. So get to work!



Zoe Dawson is the alter ego of Karen Anders, award winning, multi-published author. Her writing journey started with poetry and branched out into fiction. With a couple of college English courses under her belt, she penned a historical, then moved onto contemporary romance fiction. Today, she is happy producing romantic suspense, romantic mystery, and paranormal novels. The words feed her soul and the happily ever afters feed her heart.                                                                    Photo credit: Walt Stone, Dreamforge Media (c)
Author's website is here.
Author's page on Amazon is here.
Author's page on Goodreads is here.
The post on my blog about this is here.




No comments:

Post a Comment